Sunday 18 June 2017

Chickpeas and Carrot Burger :)

For some reason when I go food shopping, I now tend to skip on buying meat and just stick to getting a lot of vegetables and sometimes fish. Don't get me wrong, I love meat and I'm not turning into a vegetarian any time soon (nothing wrong if you are!) but when I go around the supermarket, generally Lidl, I'm not that fussed in buying meat. I have also recently got into eating more pulses and started experimenting with different recipes which have things like kidney beans, chickpeas, peas etc.

One evening I was looking through my cupboards trying to see what to make for dinner and thought, why don't I make a vegetarian burger like the ones from Mildred's! So I looked up some recipes and created this!

 


I didn't really follow a specific recipe as I only used what was available in the cupboard but it turned out really nice! If anyone is interested to make this here's what I used:

Serves 4
1 canned chickpeas
2 medium carrots, grated coarsely
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Juice of 1 lemon
2 garlic clove, crushed
Salt and pepper
3 heaped tablespoon of plain flour

First I mashed the chickpeas and then added the grated carrots and mixed well. Then I put in the paprika, lemon juice, crushed garlic, salt and pepper and mixed this all together well before adding the plain flour to bind together. Shape the mixer into 4 equal sized patties and put in the fridge for 30mins to firm up. You don't have to do this step as I couldn't wait to eat (!) so you can put them straight into a medium heated pan with oil and fry for 6-7mins, flipping over in between or until it has a golden, crispy look. Voila you are done!

You can layer your burger however you want; tomatoes, lettuce, onions, gherkins, ketchup....whatever you like! :) I took mine into work for our food day and everyone loved it! You can change this to be gluten free by swapping to gluten free flour, this is also good for vegans :)

If anyone tries this recipe out let me know your thoughts and if you enjoyed this meat free burger :)

Happy cooking! 

Cindy
X






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! :)

B.R.I.G.H.T.O.N

How beautiful does this look! I recently went to Brighton for a mini break with my sister as I always wanted to go to have a wander. W...